Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20220206-83403
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Job Code: IMS20220206-83403
Job Location: Mason, OH
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
The System Integration and Test Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary program team focusing on system integration, test, and analysis of mechanical, electrical, and software components for Space Avionics. As a Systems Engineer, you will generate technical proposals, be providing technical leadership in system requirements generation, hardware selection trade studies, design implementation and system architecture development, system partitioning, integration and testing of the overall system, and assessing unit or system performance using analysis, simulation, and laboratory testing.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, product architectures and interfaces, and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Develop test requirements, methods, and test solutions from requirements flowed down as part of the systems engineering team.
- Perform hands-on integration & testing of complex subsystems (e.g., multi-mode multi-sensors, analog and digital circuits, RF Communications, Inertial Sensors, GPS Receivers) across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software).
- Develop and execute subsystem and/or system-level test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- Perform test data reduction, analysis, and test reporting; analyze failure data for trends, systemic issues, and reduction/elimination of test escapements.
- Support development of acceptance test procedures, production test plans, and test documentation from design requirements.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of technical reviews and program status.
- ‘One Team’ collaboration with internal subsystem team and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and customer organizations in execution of all integration and test activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Systems, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate degree with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Demonstrated experience in the architecture, specification, design, implementation, simulation, test, verification. validation, and debugging of digital based units, systems, avionics systems, and/or control systems.
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written for internal and external presentation and reviews.
- Background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments.
- Experience working in different type of lab environments.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and decision making — Able to develop and evaluate options and implement, solutions; able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience
- Experience with Actel FPGAs
- Experience using hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog proficiency is preferred).
- Experience with digital hardware design including FPGAs, Processors, Memory, data converters, etc.
- Experience with GPS and RF digital signal processing, forward error correction coding and decoding, encryption/decryption, waveforms, and data protocols in FPGAs.
- Active Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance.
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing.
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.