Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Printed Wiring Board (PWB) Design
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20211910-71184
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Specialist, Printed Wiring Board (PWB) Design
Detailed designer of Printed Wiring Boards (PWBs) that will ultimately be used within high reliability, space flight avionics
- Specific design tasks include those of:Use of state-of-the-art Computer Aided Design (CAD) software products
- Layout of PWBs, including schematic capture, parts placement and routing of all required signal interconnects and power/ground planes;
- Provide support/input during comprehensive Engineering Review Boards (ERBs) which ultimately approve all PWB designs and authorize their formal release for material procurement;
- Creation of associated engineering documentation, including Schematics, Bill-of-Materials (BOMs) and PWB procurement drawings
- Use of state-of-the-art Computer Aided Design (CAD) software products
- Apply all applicable IPC, government, military and aerospace design standards and practices as defined by specific customer requirements
- Interface directly with personnel from Space Avionics’ design engineering, manufacturing, quality and purchasing groups, along with approved company PWB suppliers
- Create and maintain a library of standardized component models which includes applicable schematic attributes, BOM part numbers/descriptions and specific footprints
- Analyze technical accuracy of PWB designs ensuring compatibility and compliance with customer design requirements
- Incorporate Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) into existing PWB designs and supporting documentation
- Contribute to the design verification process through the use of various design checklists and Lessons Learned reviews
- Continually search for, recommend and implement design process improvements
- Associates degree in an accredited technical program or equivalent, such as Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or an equivalent work experience/combined education (minimum)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design of PWBs, including schematic capture and generation of associated engineering documentation.
- Experience with IPC, government, military and aerospace design standards (required)
- Experience with one or more of the following CAD tools: Expedition/DxDesigner (preferred) or Mentor PADS/DxDesigner (optional)
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience:
- IPC Designer Certification (CID) will be seen as a definite plus to experience base
- Self-starter with previous experience working in a cross-functional, team-oriented and schedule-driven environment
- Individual shall possess demonstrated independent judgment and decision-making ability, self-motivation and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to take direction and work with senior design engineers, electrical and mechanical
- Experience with the design/layout of the following types of PWBs:Familiarity and usage of standard Windows software applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- High-Speed Digital PWB layout and routing
- RF PWB layout and routing
- Large I/O Count Analog PWB layout and routing
- High-Current Power Supply PWB layout and routing
- Familiarity and usage of standard Windows software applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform