Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Integration and Test Engineer, Space and Sensors
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20212311-73244
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, product architectures and interfaces, and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Develop test requirements, methods, and test solutions from requirements flowed down as part of the systems engineering team.
- Design, develop, build, integrate, test, deliver, and support testsets / test enabling systems for engineering development and production programs.
- Perform integration & testing of complex subsystems (e.g., multi-mode multi-sensors, space launch vehicle avionics equipment) across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software),
- Develop and execute subsystem and/or system-level test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- Perform test data reduction, analysis, and test reporting; analyze failure data for trends, systemic issues, and reduction/elimination of test escapements.
- Support development of acceptance test procedures, production test plans, and test documentation from design requirements.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of technical reviews and program status.
- ‘One Team’ collaboration with internal subsystem team and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and customer organizations in execution of all integration and test activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater.Strong drive and sense of ownership.
- Minimum of 5 years of system engineering, integration, and test experience.
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions to technical challenges.Actively collaborate with peers and specialists on cross-functional teams to solve a wide range of difficult and unique issues to meet shared product milestones.
- Able to effectively communicate system architecture, design, and test plans with other functions including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Suppliers, and Customers.
- Desire to work with other organizations to improve processes.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with electrical hardware and software development.
- Planning, coordination, and/or execution of integration and test activities.
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
- Prior experience with at least two programs, one being a medium scale and complexity program (i.e., > 5 System Engineers and/or >$10M).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform