Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Space Avionics Systems Engineering
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20222706-85239
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Space Avionics Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS20222706-85239
Job Location: Mason, OH - Hybrid
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Specialist, Systems Engineer. This position supports a variety of mission-critical programs with specific focus on space and applications. This individual will play a vital role in engaging with external vendors and internal customers to specify, develop, and characterize system requirements for spacecraft. This individual should have prior program experience with system development such as design, performance metrics, system requirements, and system integration. The successful individual will bring their passion for innovation and be able to adapt, communicate, and apply their understanding of systems development to the application at hand.
When you join L3Harris, Space & Sensors division, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast-moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to build and deliver mission-critical space products. The successful candidate will bring their passion for engineering execution excellence and delivering business level results. With general supervision, this position may manage projects or processes. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, space system and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Develop product architecture and define system behavior and requirements. Able to use a range of methods and tools to capture stakeholder and system requirements and facilitate discussion and understanding of system usage.
- Collaborate with other Systems Engineers in the development of work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Systems Analyses, Trade Studies, and Detailed Designs.
- Able to effectively communicate and transfer system architecture and design knowledge with other functions including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Suppliers, and Customers.
- Support and coordination of Integration & testing planning for complex subsystems across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software), which includes planning, and analysis, evaluation, and/or troubleshooting of system operation.
- Able to effectively brief status and results to program and customer.
- Actively work with peers and specialists on cross-functional teams to solve a wide range of difficult and unique issues to meet shared product milestones.
- Development and coordination of engineering artifacts for program design reviews.
- B.S. degree in engineering from accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 years of applicable systems engineering experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of applicable systems engineering experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of applicable systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, with application of rigorous systems engineering processes.
- Experience building component level failure rate models
- Experience supporting multi-disciplinary engineering team through various aspects of the system lifecycle
- Experience supporting systems integraton or manufacturing activities
- Experience with system development such as design, performance metrics, system requirements, and system integration
- Knowledge with DOORs, SysML and MBSE.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with individuals within and outside of the organization and have a strong drive and sense of ownership.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office products including MS Word and Excel.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% (domestic U.S).
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience
- Aerospace / Defense or equivalent industry experience.
- Graduate degree in engineering.
- Demonstrated proposal-writing capability.
- Demonstrated test writing procedure capabilities.
- Experience working programs from the design stage through field testing.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.