Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
ROIC Test Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20220404-79939
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: ROIC Test Engineer
Job Description: We are currently seeking a read out integrated circuits (ROIC) Engineer specializing in electronics hardware and firmware for our Mason, OH space and sensors facility.
Come be part of a new team that will develop the next generation integrated circuits for advanced sensor arrays.
Essential Functions: We are looking for someone who has experience with the integration and test of integrated circuits and electronics systems. You will exercise your expertise in electronics hardware and firmware design to integrate, debug, and characterize of image sensor readout integrated circuits (ROICs) and focal plane arrays. Your time will be split between electronics and firmware design, test software, lab work, data analysis, engineering collaboration, and documentation. You will be relied on to communicate across engineering disciplines, champion efficient organization and documentation practices, and support integration into complex system products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five (6) years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Integrated circuit and electronics system test and debug
- Strong hands-on lab skills, FPGA firmware implementation, PCB schematic and layout design, Integration and test of analog and high-speed digital interfaces
- Aptitude in at least two of: Verilog/VHDL, MATLAB, LabView, C/C++/C#, scripting languages
- Experience with infrared focal plane arrays and cameras
- Experience with cryogenic test systems
- Experience with embedded software
- Proven ability to understand system-level performance requirement and relate to testing of ROIC chip-level requirements
- Experience with testing two or more of: High speed differential I/O, A-to-D converters, bias generation, analog buffers, serializers, readout pixel unit cells
- Knowledge of common image artifacts and contributing factors
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience:
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Knowledge of testing for non-uniformity sources and3-D noise analysis
- Experience with testing of large, stitched-die designs is a plus
- Familiarity with camera electronics and software
- Documentation, Communication and Analysis skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.