Quality Inspector C
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20210504-59118
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Quality Inspector C
This position is responsible for ensuring our products meet quality requirements through accurate inspection, review of documentation and communication and interaction within all disciplines of the business.
- Accurate inspection of sub-assemblies (including circuit cards) and top-level assemblies.
- Review of documentation.
- Interaction with all disciplines of the business
- Accurately compare and verify information across multiple documents.
- High school diploma (or GED) is required with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience; an Associate Degree is preferred.
- When needed, successful completion of prescribed training courses for the position (held on site at this facility) J-STD-001, Space Addendum, Torque, NASA 8739.1 and NASA 8739.4 – on the job training by peers.
- Proven success working independently or in teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude in helping to resolve issues is essential for this position.
- Members of our team must actively contribute to improvement opportunities.
- Must have acute attention to detail and exhibit organization and focus.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Working for prolonged periods of time looking through a microscope
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Lifting up to a minimum of 25 pounds at times
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar quality position is desired
- A current or previously held Quality Inspector ASQ certification is desired.
- Preferred candidates have experience with Military/Space workmanship specifications and IPC-A-610 / J-STD-001 soldering specifications.
- Candidates with past inspection of military or aerospace electronic products experience is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.