Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20211904-59897
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The successful candidate will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. PMs are responsible to achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers. Candidate will provide team leadership to coach, guide and mentor designated program teams, ensuring compliance to all program requirements.
This position is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for their assigned programs, in accordance with the approved Space and Sensor processes. This includes:
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities to support and lead business capture activities, lead program reviews and report on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting customer requirements in order to work in partnership with customers towards derived solutions and leveraging existing solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and lead/transition projects through all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Participates in the preparation and evaluation of proposals, bid/no-bid decisions, business plans, Statements of Work (SOW), specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participates in negotiations of contracts and contract change management.
- Manages development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for communicating program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other organizational elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Expands existing product lines with customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required. Identify, track and manage risk.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of all assigned programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Candidates must have familiarity with program planning, earned value management, supply chain, risk management, quality control, production control, and product costing tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the 6 phases of program execution
- Specific to project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing phases.
- Experience running programs for Government and Government Prime contractors is required, and running avionics programs for airborne and/or space systems is desire
- Must demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth. The individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with 5 years of experience Must be eligible for security clearance
- PMP® certified or attainment within 1 year of hire
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.