Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20221411-93460
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of L3HARRIS Space and Sensors. We are seeking an Engineer (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical) to work at our space and sensors division.
The role will involve being the manufacturing technical support for our space manufacturing programs. You will be responsible for support of all assembly and build processes. Must be able to work in highly regulated build space, working with complex mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies. Support for other electro-optical products from a build and assembly perspective is also expected.
- Generate build and assembly instruction utilizing complex torquing, staking, and other assembly techniques
- Support the technical needs of the production staff on mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Responsible for designing / developing manufacturing tools and processes
- Work cross functionally with manufactuing, quality, and our design community
- Manage projects including capital procurment and installation
- Displays understanding of NASA and J-STD specifications and applies these in written instructions per CAD drawings and component specs
- Communicate and perform production readiness reviews with customer involvment
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience executing production readiness reviews
- Procurment support and installation of capital equipment
- Familiarity with Minitab
- Experience with CAD drawings
- Strong mechanical apptitude
- Familiarity with soldering J-STD’s and NASA is a plus
- Familitary with electro mechanical systems and SMT equipment is a plus
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and effectively time manage
- Willingness for continued learning
- Strong assembly skills-torqueing, skating, ability to handle large systems, and assembly troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independantly, and adapt to sudden changes in plans
- Able to interface across functions and teams
- High level of independence and personal accountability to meet company and personel deadlines including capital procurement
- Able to time manage efficiently
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.