Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20212801-55742
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris is currently seeking a Subcontract Administrator Manager to contribute to the success and growth of our company located in Mason, OH. The Subcontract Administrator determines approaches to objectives, demonstrating a complete understanding and application of procurement/subcontract principles, concepts and practices in a DoD environment. This position requires a minimum of 8 years’ experience in defense subcontracting and procurement.
- Lead and mentor Subcontract Administrators in support of various programs. Commodities include but are not limited to electronic, mechanical, optical components or assemblies, capital equipment and electronic/optical systems
- Lead Subcontract Administrators in managing complex procurements. Includes formal preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluation and issuance of purchase orders/or subcontracts. Selects and recommends suppliers, negotiates price, delivery, quality, terms and conditions, Non-disclosure agreements and service agreements
- Strong background with FAR compliant purchasing systems to include but not limited to FAR complaint proposals IAW 15-2 requirements. Preferable experience with performing and assisting in fact finds and proposal price analysis and cost analysis.
- Develop material cost reduction strategy. Create and issue fixed price, time and material, labor hour and cost-type purchase orders
- Drive formal source selection teams; conduct formal cost/price analysis, cost audits, fact-finding and formal negotiations. Negotiate the lowest possible total cost for the product. Identify opportunities to mitigate risk
- Monitor administration of post-award of large high dollar/program critical subcontracts
- Ensure the creation of Statements of Work with input from appropriate functional areas. Track CDRL requirements of the contract/SOW to completion
- Support Integrated Product Teams(IPT) through supply chain representative Subcontract Administrators
- Inter and Intra departmental coordination is essential
- Active participation in company and department initiatives such as strategic sourcing and L-3Harris Excellence
- Develop process and procedures to further strengthen the subcontract administrator role in the organization
- BS Degree in Business, Operations Management, Finance or Engineering required
- PMP/CPIM highly desirable
- Minimum of 8 years prior experience in Procurement/Supply Chain/Contracts
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Defense subcontracting
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time; predominantly domestic travel but international may be required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working in proposal teams, generating material estimates for Bids and Proposals and providing substantiating evidence when required
- Knowledge of DoD 5000.02 framework and Earned Value Management
- Ability to direct and manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate with members of a team
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, negotiation skills, and management skills
- Excellent computer skills including ERP knowledge, MS office applications (strong excel skills).
- Strong ability to read specifications, statements of work and drawings
- Required knowledge and understanding of FARS and DFARS including ITAR as it relates to purchasing requirements
- Understanding of how to develop policy and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of small business government requirements
- Commitment to and experience in continuous improvement (Lean six sigma tools)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.