Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, FPGA/VHDL Design Engineer - Imaging
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20221602-77235
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead, FPGA/VHDL Design Engineer - Imaging
L3Harris Space & Sensors in Cincinnati Ohio is currently seeking a Lead Digital Design Engineer with comprehensive knowledge leading complex FPGA developments. As a FPGA/VHDL Leader you’ll work with a talented team of FPGA designers developing cutting edge, high resolution, infrared imaging products. You will design FPGA architectures to meet customer requirements and oversee its detailed design and implementation. You’ll work closely with your software counterparts integrating on the latest SoC devices from Intel and Xilinx. Your products will be fielded across domains providing critical imaging to our armed forces in some of the harshest environments across the globe. As an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense imaging technology, L3Harris Space and Sensors, is a first-rank engineering and production company and we want you on our team!
- Product Development /Technical Leadership
- Lead FPGA developments working in cross-functional teams to meet technical, schedule, and design-to-cost goals.
- Maintain and lead interactions with customers and vendors ensuring that developments meet or exceed expectations.
- Leading Agile development methods including estimating, planning, and tracking of tasks, milestones, and resources.
- Effective communication skills working within your development team, program management, technical leadership, and external customers.
- Organize and lead system level internal Engineering Review Boards (ERBs) as well as customer required meetings.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and reviewer for detailed design documents and VHDL code.
- Champion and proliferate reusable development methods and libraries utilizing standard streaming and memory mapped interfaces.
- Support bid and proposal activities to generate technical solutions, cost, and schedule estimation.
- Analysis of FPGA power consumption, static timing, clock domain crossing, and radiation impacts across worst-case mission life.
- Technical presentations including internal and external design reviews.
- Support to internal and external production/manufacturing, test/verification, and delivered products.
- Make significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE, BSEET, or BSECE) and minimum 9 years prior related experience OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Subject matter expertise in FPGA architectures and VHDL design including at least 9 years of direct experience.
- ModelSim/Questa or equivalent logic simulation tools
- Standard streaming and memory mapped interfaces (Avalon, AMBA, etc.)
- Quartus (Intel), Vivado (Xilinx) FPGA development tools
- Digital image processing and corrections experience.
- Detailed understanding of digital hardware design, interfaces, and architectures.
- NAND, NOR, and DDR memory interfaces
- GigE, 10GigE, 40GigE, GigE Vision
- High Speed Serializers and Deserializers (SERDES)
- LVDS, RS-422, I2C, SPI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in project/task management and technical estimating
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex technical situations and leading continuous improvement efforts.
- Proficient in electronic design for test, quality, reliability, manufacturability and EMC
- Experience in Agile development methods is a plus.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, assembly, and test processes
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to regularly walk, sit or stand as required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.