Lead EO/IR Electrical Design Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead EO/IR Electrical Design Engineer
We are currently seeking a Lead EO/IR (Electro-Optical/Infra-Red) Electrical Design Engineer with experience leading and mentoring hardware development teams. This individual will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge Infrared Product lines. Sample product line you will work on are Counter Drone Protection Systems and ultra-high speed and ultra-large format Infrared Cameras.
L3Harris Space and Sensors division is in Cincinnati, OH. L3Harris Space and Sensors is an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense technology. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Space and Sensors is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
- Product Development /Technical Leadership
- Lead all engineering aspects of your design efforts to meet technical, schedule and design-to-cost goals
- Interfacing effectively with team members throughout the organization
- Assists in the planning and conducting of technical projects
- Design Architecture
- Component selection
- Analysis of power consumption, component stress and worst case performance
- Technical presentations
- Internal Research and Development
- Support bid and proposal activities including cost and schedule estimation
- Engineering Support to Production
- Engineering Support for Delivered Products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or BSEET) and minimum 9 years prior related experience OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Electrical Design and Architecture related to EO/IR instruments
- Subject matter expertise in Analog Engineering related to one or more of the following:
- Sensor interface and signal recovery
- High resolution data converter circuits
- Video-rate signal handling
- Low noise circuit design & analysis
- Electrical interference control techniques
- Precision circuit design for data acquisition
- Signal Conditioning and driver design for stepper motors/valves/etc
- Mastery of engineering fundamentals, including:
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Probability theory and statistical methods
- Semiconductor physics
- Mathematical modeling
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Peltier effect coolers
- Hybrid microcircuit design
- Cryogenic electronics
- Motor drive circuits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplined teams
- Proficient in leading root cause analysis, troubleshooting complex technical situations, and leading continuous improvement efforts
- Demonstrated ability in solving difficult electrical engineering problems
- Cost and Schedule Estimation
- DxDesigner or equivalent schematic capture tools
- Proficient in electronic design for test, quality, reliability, manufacturability and EMC
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, assembly, and test processes
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance during first year of employment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.