Inventory Management Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Inventory Management Lead
Implement and Lead the Sales Inventory Operational Planning process for both the Space and Sensors business units along with oversight of all medium to long term planning systems (not ownership of operational teams). Works under general direction and guidance within standard processes for non-routine tasks. Communicates with contacts in own team to explain and interpret information. Contributes to systems and processes changes in work routines. Works to achieve operational targets that impact team results.
- Ensure data generated by functions is suitable for the S&OP.
- Coaching, mentoring and initiation of improvement projects, where required in the process.
- Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business targets.
- Hold appropriate personnel, including site leadership, to account for agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realization of opportunities as identified via S&OP.
- Ensure all data generated via S&OP is accurate and timely for site reporting.
- Continually review the S&OP process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
- Monitor and support the planning and overall Master Scheduling functions for Sustaining, new product introduction (NPI), existing programs, and Repair & Return operations.
- Create and maintain an accurate, company-wide, Master Production Schedule that meets all Revenue Targets and Program Requirements
- Support inventory strategies towards inventory optimization through effective S&OP execution
- Develop metrics for forecast accuracy, planning data integrity and accuracy, and S&OP performance
- Review Master Production Schedule and highlight discrepancies in a timely manner
- Create and provide the build plan to the operations group, with a monthly lockdown and quarterly view of units that are not constrained by export, customer information, part shortages, or any other constraints.
- Provide critical information to all Stake Holders, where the build plan is in jeopardy of not being achieved for either build or shipment to the customer.
- Liaise with engineering, export control, demand management, planning, procurement, operations and all other functions to support an achievable operations plan.
- Participate in the weekly Space and Sensors production review meetings to understand which units are built to forecast and ensure accurate and timely reaction to the change in forecast.
- Track planned builds by month and maintain detailed records to identify changes that occur in the plan.
- Demonstrate initiatives that support organizational Cycle Time Reduction, Inventory Turns, process Improvements and Customer Satisfaction
- Be conversant will all aspects of the Material Planning systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Highly energized, results orientated problem solver
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working level as well as executive levels
- Commitment to change using a Continuous Improvement approach
- Strong leadership/communication skills in a Team environment and acting as a role model
- Effective in changes management and must be innovative, adaptable and resourceful
- L3Harris Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment: A Matter of Respect
- Global Trade Compliance Overview – US and Latin American
- Annual Fire Safety Training
- Security Awareness Briefing
- Emergency Evacuation Training
- Annual Safety Briefing
- Export/Import Introduction
- 5S Organization Skills
- Tip QA
- Cycle Count Process
- Scale Operation
- Sealer Operation
- Label Operation
- Material Sensitive Handling
- How to update material systems training
- Reservation Process
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years production manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to all demand management (DM),
- Master scheduling (MPS),
- Capacity planning (CRP)
- Material planning (MRP)
- Inventory control.
- Proficiency in Microsoft, demand planning software, BI tools and ERP systems
- Intimate knowledge of current and advanced Manufacturing processes and technologies such as: ERPII, Visual Manufacturing, Kanban, JIT, Configuration Control
- Post-Secondary Education University or College Degree/Diploma
- APICS certification (CPIM)
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Prolonged standing
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.