Export Compliance Coordinator-Remote
Job ID IMS20212302-57014
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
An ECC (Export Compliance Coordinator), has the responsibility for assisting the Empowered Official to meet their goals of developing, implementing and managing export/import compliance and controls, including but not limited to the specific responsibilities as defined in Corporate Policy. The ECC must be able to work effectively with a cross-functional team to keep L3Harris in compliance with U.S. trade regulations while also helping to foster international growth within the business.
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. May manage projects or processes with general supervision. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Works under general supervision or general oversight. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems may require understanding of other job areas. Problems are typically solved drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues.
- Determine U.S. Government requirements for situations related to daily export/imports activities to support the objectives or our locations goals.
- Submit to GTG (Global Trade Group) initial drafts and final license, agreement, and general correspondence, allowing adequate time for corporate and government review.
- Ensure compliance with approved license applications, agreements, general correspondence, and permits/licenses with limitations, provisos and requirements.
- In conjunction with the EO, simultaneously notify the L3Harris Division/Subsidiary legal counsel and the Vice President - International Licensing when any violation or potential for a violation has been identified which could lead to a fine, penalty, seizure, and/or disciplinary action is, or has the potential to be, imposed upon the Corporation by the U.S. or foreign government for non-compliance with export/import requirements. Provide technical and other assistance necessary to support investigation and disclosure of potential violations.
- Support investigation and give other assistance necessary to address a potential or actual violation.
- Develop and conduct export/import and ITAR training consistent with corporate guidance, and that specific to this L3Harris location regarding its products and services.
- Review export/import activities to determine if action needs to be directed to specific departments or individuals for potential inaccurate transactions associated to L3Harris activities. Self-audits will be conducted as required by corporate procedures to ensure those actions have been taken and are consistent.
- Works directly with shipping carriers and brokers to give direction on export/import clearances.
- Develop local export/import procedures and controls as required to implement this policy.
- Ensure that the export of controlled technical data via electronic means, e.g. e-mail, facsimile or internet, has been approved for export under U.S. Government laws and regulations or authorized for release into the public domain, and complies with Policy 307 – Security and Information Asset Protection, which governs the secure use of Information Technology resources.
- Reviews all domestic shipments which may require a Disclaimer Statements or Destination Control Statements for all hardware, software, services and technical data transmitted to domestic or foreign recipients. This also includes a review of the shipment, recipients and products to ensure it will not put company property or ITAR requirements in jeopardy.
- Ensure all commercial exports for hardware, software and technical data has an official Commodity Classification (CCATS) from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Reviews all visitor requests to determine necessary course of action if the visitor is a Foreign National or other US Persons.
- Review all employee foreign travel, business or personal.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Experience with U.S. trade regulations (ITAR and EAR) in a working situation.
- Ability to learn different products groups and their related capabilities for the specific location from which they work.
- Previous work experience working directly with U.S. Government agencies.
- The ability to effectively coordinate simultaneous activities, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment while working independently.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity and discretion
- Adept with utilizing computer software applications, e.g. Adobe, Web-based applications, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Experience with OCR/EASE software application.
- The ECC per GTG policy must attend at least one internal Export/Import & Compliance Training Seminar and one external Export/Import & Compliance Training Seminar.
- The ECC per GTG policy must attend Annual International Licensing Conference in order to remain current with L3Harris Policies and U.S. Government Export/Import Laws and Regulations and maintain this appointment.
- Complete GTG Practitioner training suite within 6 months of employment.
- CUSECO or ECoP certification within 3 years of employment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience in the export/import shipping field. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience in the export/import industry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Role can be remote, the incumbent would need to travel once a quarter to Mason, Ohio.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds with assistance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.