Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician (support), E
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20220906-83767
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Engineering Technician, E – Optical, Mechanical, Electrical
As an Engineering Technician E, you will be responsible for contributing to the success of our Space and Sensors Division as part of our Production Development team. This role will be responsible for performing precision assembly of our most advanced electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems. The ideal candidate will possess both skills sets, however expertise in one area and knowledge in the other is acceptable.
- Responsible for the assembly and troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical and/or optical/mechanical systems with very tight tolerances
- Interfaces and leads conversations with manufacturing and design engineers to develop and improve manufacturing and assembly processes/documentation
- Identifies root causes and develops effective solutions to technical and manufacturing problem
- Adapts to changing business needs through agile thinking and ability to multitask according to specified priorities
- Works under very limited supervision, works with independent action and a high degree of initiative to achieve program and manufacturing goals and schedule
- Assists in the design for manufacture and assembly activities during design phases of the program
- Assists or develops tooling concepts to assist in the manufacture and assembly of products, works with technical/CAD writers on design
- Works from blue prints, schematics, drawings, and manufacturing instru
- Acts as a mentor/coach to lower-level peers and provides guidance on tasks, often acts as a facilitator and/or a team leader
- Make recommendations on process improvements and implements solutions
- May perform manual machining of components for assembly operations as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of precision assembly experience in the mechanical and/or optical realm
- Ability to lift items up to lift 50 lbs.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in a product development manufacturing environment where prototypes or first time builds occur
- Competency/extensive experience along multiple of the following areas:
- Manual machining utilizing lathes and mills
- Optics (mirrors, lenses, optical filters, etc) handing and assembly, alignment
- Interferometers, alignment telescopes, theodolites, coordinate measuring machines
- Precision bonding using unusual epoxies
- Assembly and functional test of electro-mechanical devices
- Handling and assembling specialty metals (Beryllium, Invar, composites)
- High attention to detail and robust problem-solving skills
- Is a self-starter and works independently
- Has led small teams of peers and lower level co-workers
- Familiarity with Gage, Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Comfortable utilizing computers and digital systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to work weekend work or Overtime, as required
- Familiar with Lean and Six Sigma tools and practices
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.