Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Electrical Systems Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20220605-81902
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer with experience in Space Avionics, requirement development, and project management to join our Systems Engineering Group. You will have the opportunity to work various programs solving our customer’s most difficult technical challenges on cutting edge and world-class Space Avionics systems. Sample products include Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Space Launch System vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications equipment.
As the Electrical Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the technical integrity, quality and on-time delivery of the System Engineering assigned products. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary program team responsible for architecting, designing, testing and deploying next generation space avionics architecture and systems. You will develop technical proposals, provide technical leadership in system requirements generation, hardware selection trade studies, design implementation in system architecture development, system partitioning, integration and testing of the overall system, and assessing unit or system performance using analysis, simulation, and laboratory testing. The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of all the design related gate reviews with the support from Functional Groups.
When you join L3Harris Space & Sensors, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast-moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to build and deliver mission-critical Space products. The successful candidate will bring their passion for engineering execution excellence and delivering business level results, and have:
- Comfort holding people accountable above, below, and around him/her.
- Ability to ask the right questions to help prioritize outside his/her own areas of expertise.
- A desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement.
- Lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into unit or system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- Review, analyze, and understand program level objectives, system concept of operation, host platform architectures and interfaces, and space avionic systems and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Develop product architecture and define system behavior, requirements, and parametrics. Able to use a range of methods and tools to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of system usage, and enhance a culture of model-based designs.
- Collaborate with other Systems Engineers in the development of work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Systems Analyses, Trade Studies, and Detailed Designs.
- Able to effectively communicate and transfer system architecture and design knowledge with other functions including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Suppliers, and Customers.
- Able to provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a team of system engineers in the areas of systems engineering analysis, architecture, trade studies, and continuous improvement.
- Perform hands-on integration & testing of complex subsystems across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software).
- Actively work with peers and specialists on cross-functional teams to solve a wide range of difficult and unique issues to meet shared product milestones.
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions to technical challenges; able to recognize opportunities rather than see limitations or issues.
- Able to succinctly and effectively brief status and results to program and customer senior leadership.
- Development and coordination of engineering artifacts for program design reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Physics, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the architecture, specification, design, implementation, simulation, test, verification, validation, and debugging of digital based units, systems, avionics systems, and/or control systems.
- Experience using hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog proficiency is preferred)
- Experience with digital hardware design including FPGAs, Processors, Memory, data converters, etc
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures
- Background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within and outside of the organization including customers, vendors, and leadership with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and decision making — Able to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions; able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- Pre-employment federal level drug screening and background checks are standard.
- L3Harris is an e-Verify Employer.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate degree in engineering
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- DOORs experience is a requirement.
- Experience with Actel FPGAs is a plus
- Experience in Space Avionics is a plus
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing is a plus.
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
- Prior systems engineering experience on at least two programs, with at least one program being a medium scale complex system or subsystem (i.e., > 10 System Engineers and/or >$10M).
- Demonstrated proposal-writing capabilities.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to hear and speak.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds, with assistance.
- Typical office environment.
- Able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.