Associate System Integration & Test Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20211204-59547
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Associate System Integration & Test Engineer. This position supports a variety of mission-critical space and sensor programs with specific focus on the integration, test, and analysis of mechanical, electrical, and software components in our products.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, product architectures and interfaces, and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Develop test requirements, methods, and test solutions from requirements flowed down as part of the systems engineering team.
- Perform integration & testing of complex subsystems (e.g., multi-mode multi-sensors, space launch vehicle avionics equipment) across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software),
- Develop and execute subsystem and/or system-level test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- Perform test data reduction, analysis, and test reporting; analyze failure data for trends, systemic issues, and reduction/elimination of test escapements.
- Support development of acceptance test procedures, production test plans, and test documentation from design requirements.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of technical reviews and program status.
- ‘One Team’ collaboration with internal subsystem team and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and customer organizations in execution of all integration and test activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Strong drive and sense of ownership.
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions to technical challenges.
- Comfortable interfacing with both internal and external customers.
- Desire to work collaboratively with other organizations to improve processes.
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Planning, coordination, and/or execution of integration and test activities.
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.