Associate Manager, Subcontracts
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20210902-56365
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Associate Manager, Subcontracts
The Associate Manager, Subcontracts position will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to procurement contracts beginning with intent to purchase through delivery for specific, subcontract programs. Request and evaluate bids, select and recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and services. This is in support of Supply Chain and Subcontract Programs.
- Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage clams, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipment, reschedule requests, cancellations, and engineering changes.
- Conducts supplier site as necessary to ensure production capability, performance and delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the products required including preliminary or released specifications, preferred supplier, and date product is needed.
- Conducts cost/price analysis and BOE’s.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the product balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Develops material cost reduction strategies.
- Develops and maintain cost models by commodities and suppliers.
- Implements contracts that comply with company policies and government regulations.
- Assures that the product is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates and negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to existing purchase orders.
- Works with Engineering to develop and select component and material sourcing.
- Creates or assists in the development of Statements of Work and associated requirements.
- Prepares procurement package documentation and secures all necessary approvals.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience handling Subcontracts for programs and supply chain within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of general packaging/handling requirements for various commodities and alternate means of procurement (P-Card, PO, Blanket Order, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components.
- Read drawings in order to understand quality and test specifications
- Interface effectively with suppliers and internal customers.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of leading major initiatives that impact the Operations/Purchasing Team
- Understanding of FAR and DFAR procurement requirements.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Highly skilled at analyzing and resolving problems.
- Expertise in problem solving, root cause analysis and Cost/Price analysis.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Very strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Data Entry & Computer Skills in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.