Officer Manager/Business Operations Specialist
MarylandJob ID SAS20211803-58316
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Officer Manager/Business Operations Specialist
Job Code: SAS20211803-58316
Job Location: Washington D.C.
We are an international business unit with a startup culture looking for an energetic, self-driven, organized individual capable of learning and excelling at multiple disciplines. We aim to professionalize support to the US operation in a number of business areas and you should be comfortable learning and practicing a blend of facilities manager, security specialist, event planner, junior business analyst and executive assistant roles. Your primary work location is downtown Washington, DC adjacent to Metro Center, though schedule flexibility and remote work can be negotiated. Infrequent travel to our Ottawa, London and Sydney offices in support of leadership team and business unit events is required, circumstances permitting.
- Serve as facility manager for Washington, DC office and satellite offices
- Oversee hiring pipeline and onboarding process for US team
- Develop rapport with US personnel and serve as an advocate, triaging issues and expediting resolution across the full spectrum of business functions
- Serve as US administrative lead, providing full-spectrum business support to the US team, including travel, expensing and timekeeping functions
- Identify and emplace processes to streamline support to US personnel and automate monotonous tasks as they are uncovered
- Plan and execute annual training exercise for US and international employees
- Orchestrate business unit and L3Harris executive leadership visits to US and international offices
- Oversee and maintain accountability for office capital purchases and equipment
- Experience and disposition permitting, develop and apply project management skills to organize and support initiatives that span facilities, IT, quality assurance, capital expenditure and customer support functions
- Support the facility security posture and enforce corporate security policies
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in an admin supporting role
- 2+ years’ in a supporting office manager role
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Focus on details and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, fluency with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook required
- Interest in and aptitude for technology is most welcome, prior experience with software is exciting but not required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.