Malabar, FloridaJob ID SAS20213003-58911
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Subcontracts
Job Code: SAS20213003-58911
Job Location:Malabar, FL
Job Description: Professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management responsible for the procurement of subcontracts including the management of cost, schedule, and performance parameters. Description of role encompasses, but not limited to representing the Supply Chain organization as the key lead and point of contact in managing specific complex projects or process with general oversight, implement sourcing strategies, assesses supplier risks and develops mitigation plans. Take the lead and manage the development and closure of subcontract specifications, work statements, signing supplier agreements and purchase orders and mange terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Support and lead the preparation bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes, and evaluates proposals, negotiate subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, write awards, and execute subcontracts on time and effectively to support the program needs. Manage and lead supplier negotiations, coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and works closely with cross-functional teams to ensure all gaps and inefficiencies are closed so not to negatively impact the execution of the supplier contracts. Closely align, coordinate and partner with contracts administration, compliance management teams and purchasing to develop and establish effective subcontract policies and procedures.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Recommends and makes effective improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Ensures Customer objectives are achieved including on-time delivery, exceptional quality, and affordability.
- Select methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving goals and objectives and contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Manages subcontract statement of work and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts, ensures compliance to all internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurements Regulations, monitors Subcontractor performance and initiates corrective action measures when necessary.
- Proficient in providing risk mitigation plans to programs related to source selection, negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to Subcontracts.
- Accountable for effective planning of L3Harris Furnished Material requirements, Supplier evaluation and selection, placement of Subcontracts for materials and equipment, and for the conduct of Supplier relations resulting in successful support of business objectives.
- Accountable for effective planning of Harris Furnished Material (HFM) requirements, Supplier evaluation and selection, placement of Subcontracts for materials and equipment, and for the conduct of Supplier relations resulting in successful support of business objectives.
- Manages Subcontractor cost, schedule and technical performance to ensure meeting Subcontracted Program contractual commitments. Establishes major milestones such as preliminary and critical reviews, and other schedule goals. Establishes and implements program plans in compliance with specifications, performance requirements, costs and schedules. Works closely with Engineering and Programs and reports on Subcontractor status and performance.
- Coordinates efforts with other Functional departments in fulfillment of Subcontract management responsibilities on new and continuing programs.
- Advances Subcontracts Team’s involvement in business activities - participate as a business advocate, evaluate and propose real-time solutions.
- Professional with knowledge of subcontracts and supply chain. Responsible for writing, issuing and negotiating RFPs, NDAs, and subcontracts in support of F-35 Avionics initiatives.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in performing RFP, cost and price analyses, source selection justification and contracting / terms and conditions.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience negotiating and contracting with suppliers for hardware and development programs.
- Experience or understanding of Earned Value Management (EVMS) principles and Risk Identification and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal) across functions and to all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen balanced with technical aptitude.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment, multi-task and meet deadlines and expectations.
- Project management experience and understanding of the project lifecycle and how to mitigate cost, schedule and technical issues during project execution.
- Noteworthy continuous improvement projects demonstrating innovation and creativity.
- Six Sigma or lean certification and demonstrated success implementing greenbelt or blackbelt projects.
- Strong negotiations skills and experience including terms and conditions, requirements, pricing, intellectual property, data rights, etc.
- Familiar with Procurement systems, MRP, ERP, software systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Cincom), Microsoft Office proficient, and use of metric reporting systems.
- Familiar with Quality Requirements (i.e. APQP) and flow downs.
- Proficient in EVMS, CAM, budgets, and forecasting.
- Security Clearance preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.