Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Manufacturng Engrg
Malabar, FloridaJob ID SAS20220311-92936
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Manufacturing Engrg
Job Code: SAS20220311-92936
Job Location: Malabar, FL
L3Harris is searching for talented Manufacturing Engineers to support the production of next generation, high-speed avionics hardware. This position will focus on manufacturing of high-performance avionics hardware including Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA), Sub-Assemblies and Chassis assemblies while providing continuous improvement of the automated manufacturing processes. In depth familiarity with all aspects of printed circuit board design and fabrication will be highly beneficial in this position.
- Manage daily logistics and workflow to ensure maximized manufacturing and test throughput
- Provide manufacturing technicians with guidance, coaching and training
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Design and develop manufacturing tools, strategies, and systems with a focus on mistake proofing
- Create manufacturing fixturing using in house Additive Manufacturing processes and resources
- Generating and updating Assembly Method Sheets (AMS) and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks
- Provide and implement continuous improvement ideas to drive out waste while increasing safety and quality
- Interfacing with complex hardware including circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, cable harnesses, and higher-level system assemblies
- Implement automation on manual processes (e.g. torque, dispense chemicals, etc.). Experience programing smart tools (e.g. Desoutter, Mountz, ASG, etc.).
- Support lean/process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Support root cause and corrective action processes
- Work alongside Quality, Test, and Reliability Engineering functions to achieve common program and operational goals
- Review/approve drawing and parts lists revision updates and incorporate such changes
- Prioritize and execute in an environment of many concurrent tasks/responsibilities
- MRB dispositioning of discrepant hardware and identifying/taking action on defect trends
- Bachelor’s Degree (mechanical, electrical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering) and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with CCA manufacturing process, cables, and electro-mechanical assemblies
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working knowledge and general understanding of IPC -6012, IPC-6013, IPC-A-600 and IPC 6018
- Background in manufacturing of electronics for Military and Government Systems
- Experience in Lean principles; mistake proofing, 3P, 5S+1, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Root Cause Analysis, Cause & Effect, Gemba, Pull-Flow, etc
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance preferred but not required.
- Familiarity in Control or similar MRP based system and Aegis based Manufacturing Execution System
- Knows Aegis based Manufacturing Execution System (i.e. Fusion V7, FactoryLogix)
- Automated chemical dispensing process development
- Automated/Semi-automated torque tools process development
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and/or Pro-E, technical writing, MS Project and/or MS SharePoint.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.