Program Quality Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Program Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20201706-46691
Job Location: Malabar Florida
- Interface and collaborate with Supply Quality Engineering with respect to technical requirements of suppliers.
- ISO/AS9100 specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both internal and external customers
- Liaison for customer and DCMA
- Continuous Improvement, Corrective / Preventive Action, RCCA, 8D/DAMAIC
- Develop and implement program quality plans, programs, and procedures using statistical quality control statistics and analyses.
- Contract Review and flow down of requirements to the supply chain and functional groups.
- Review and approve engineering specification such as ATPs, drawings, models, manufacturing work instruction for adequacy, quality, and compliance to specification and contractual requirements.
- Material Review Board collaboration
- FRACAS and Failure Analysis
- Creation of Quality Plans and SDRL / CDRL requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience in operations, supply chain or quality OR 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) throughout the Product Maturity Cycle
- Ability to task or give clear directions to new Quality Engineers and Quality Control team members
- Experience supporting Design Reviews, PRRs, etc.
- Lean/Six Sigma training (Preference is certified green/black belt)
- Experience in the Space and Defense Industry is preferred
- ASQ certification or demonstrated application of these principles on programs.
- Willingness to work 2nd/3rd shifts if required
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support customer commitments and business objectives
- Understanding of Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance principles.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment yet maintain professional Quality separation.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.