Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Procurement D (9/80 Reg, 1st Shift, Mission Avionics Programs)
Malabar, FloridaJob ID SAS20230202-96532
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Procurement Support
Job Code: SAS20230202-96532
Job Location: Malabar, FL
Supports the Military Avionics Material Management organization and all production programs at the Malabar production facility. Required to support several Material Managers with program material flow through receiving, receiving inspection, distribution, stock and material issuance to production. Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
- Required to support several Material Managers with program material flow through receiving, receiving inspection, distribution, stock and material issuance to production.
- Interfaces with other functional groups including Program Management, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, Quality, Production and Test Engineering, as well as shipping/receiving and the inventory management groups.
- Assists with management of smaller programs such as Depot repair programs or Test Set activities.
- Supports any program related audits involving DCAA or customer inventory reviews.
- Supports Material Managers with receiving discrepancies, material shipments of nonconformance production material and return to vendor actions.
- Manages periodic floor stock inventory cycle count requests.
- Required to understand and become knowledgeable of the MMAS 10 key elements.
- Utilizes software systems such as; Cincom CONTROL MRP, Cincom reports, Material Transaction System (New material transfer system), TrakStar Inventory system, RIDS (Receiving Inspection Distribution System), and Microsoft Office.
- Supports Material Managers with project/activities (CID’s) creation in the CID maintenance tool.
- Supports Material Managers with release of purchase requests to procurement.
- Supports Material Managers with material transfers within the MTS tool.
- Supports Material Managers with material shop order shortages.
- Periodically create purchase rework shop orders for -OMFG or -RWK orders.
- Supports the MMAS requirement for bi-annual review of program inventory of all Military Avionics programs.
- Periodically download Cognos reports to excel and modify to report required information to Material Managers or to support any Depot Repair / Test Set programs.
- Expedites critical material through receiving to the production floor.
- Periodically supports Material Managers with master scheduling requirement.
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office suite of tools, specifically Excel and Word.
- Proficient with Control (MRP) and the basics of supply and demand concepts.
- Associate of Arts or equivalent.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Lean or Six Sigma training / certification
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Possess excellent communication skills, quality commitment, customer focus, strong interpersonal skills and be adaptable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and program teams.
- Problem solver, fast learner, self-starter, strong business acumen and team player.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.