Process Engineer Manager (Malabar, FL)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Process Engineer Manager
Job Code: SAS20210305-60640
Job Location: Malabar, FL
L3Harris is searching for a talented and motivated Process Engineer Manager to support the development of high-speed avionics hardware and manufacturing processes. The type of hardware produced at this L3Harris location is often complex, containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, cable harnesses and higher-level system assemblies. The functional role includes managing a professional staff of 5-10 Process Engineers and 20-40 Engineering Technicians. The development of the Process Engineering organization will be considered a key aspect of this role along with the upfront engagement with the Engineering and program teams to influence the new and existing product/program designs for an effective manufacturing outcome. The ability to drive productivity improvements year over year is a critical aspect of this role. This leader will be a key member of the Operations Leadership team.
- Manage, Coach and Mentor Process Engineers and Engineering Technicians on how to approach technical and productivity challenges.
- Read and understand Assembly Drawings.
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility by developing build strategies.
- Highly interactive, willing to work in team environment.
- Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources.
- Auditing assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks.
- Candidate will assist with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies, and systems.
- Support the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality, and reliability issues.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action process.
- Presentation Skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Surface Mount Technology (SMT).
- Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Knows Control or similar MRP based system, and Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Problem solving tool set: RCCA, Cause & Effect, 5-Whys.
- Green or Black Belt Certification.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Experience and proficiency with proposal preparation and BOE generation.
- Torque Tool Experience.
- Automated Dispensing Equipment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.