L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Code: SAS20201512-54266
Job Location: Malabar, FL
L3Harris is searching for talented Engineering Manufacturing Technicians to join the L3Harris team to manufacture and assemble complex next generation avionics hardware.
- Assemble complex electrical components, harnesses, small subassemblies and avionics chassis.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings or schematics to perform work duties.
- Work directly with engineers optimizing assembly processes and procedures for new product development and recurring manufacturing.
- Support design and implementation of assembly tooling and fixtures to streamline the assembly process.
- Verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Work under direct supervision using a prescribed set of processes and procedures.
- Lean, continuous improvement mindset.
- High School/GED with 6+ years of production/manufacturing/prototyping environment experience, OR Associate degree/2 years of post-secondary education with 2+ years of production/manufacturing experience/prototyping environment.
- 6+ years experience with fabrication and integration of incorporated electronic and mechanical assemblies, including complex layered mechanical systems.
- 6+ years experience with reading and assembling from engineering drawings and work instructions.
- 6+ years experience in bonding and staking of mechanical components.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to perform soldering operations.
- IPC Solder Certification to IPC-A-610.
- Cable harness certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Able to utilize measurement tools to verify dimensions and tolerances (calipers, gauges, etc.)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.