Engineering Technician - 2nd Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Test Engineering Technician
Job Location: Malabar, FL.
Job Code: SAS20203011-53716
L3Harris is searching for talented Test Engineering Technicians to join the L3Harris team testing high speed avionics open architecture and embedded processors, fiber optic switch modules and chassis. The candidate will be responsible for executing circuit card assembly (CCA) functional, thermal/vibration ESS tests and final acceptance tests on hardware utilizing cutting-edge high speed microprocessors. The candidate will also apply electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, electrical testing procedures to perform troubleshooting to component level. This position is for 2nd shift support.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings or schematics to perform work duties
- Work under direct supervision using a prescribed set of processes and procedures
- Work directly with engineers optimizing test processes and procedures
- Lean, continuous improvement mindset
- Component level troubleshooting
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- 6+ years of experience in the operation of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Boundary Scan pods and DMMs
- Software CVI and LabView experience desired
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Windows and Office)
- Professional attitude and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- BGA knowledge
- Possess a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- JTAG/Boundary Scan test knowledge
- Linux operating system user is a PLUS
- Ability to work occasional weekend, off-shift, and overtime work
- Knowledge of digital, high speed processors and fiber optic technology
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.