Engineering Technician - 2nd Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician - 2nd Shift
Job Code: SAS20201811-53366
Job Location: Malabar, FL
Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, and component installation on assembly units. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, calibrates, aligns, assembles and operates equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Perform specific tasks related to the rework of special components such as BGAs, CGAs, QFNs and other bottom terminated devices.
- Uses unique equipment such as DRS-25, ERSA IR, SPARK 400 Laser, JBC and Hakko Hot Air Tools and soldering irons to remove and replace components using documented rework processes.
- Must be able to work on small devices under a microscope as needed to ensure quality part placements.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of soldering experience
- 1+ years of experience with BGA rework
- Soldering certification
- Experience with and knowledge of IPC-610/J-STD-001 work standards
- Experience on DRS-25 hot air rework machine
- Experience with hot air rework equipment
- Surface Mount Technology rework experience
- Basic Computer skills
- Read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, or blueprints
- Highly interactive, willing to work in team environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.