Engineering Technician - 2nd Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Engineering Technician A - 2nd Shift
Job Code: SAS20202606-47119
Job Location: Malabar, FL
Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from schematics, operating or repair manuals, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. May work with complex machines or computer systems. Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Electronic or electro-mechanical component build up which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment.
- Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (Mil-Std 883, Mil-Perf-38534, IPC-610, etc.).
- Experience in lean manufacturing and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of MES
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft office
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.