Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assembly B - 2nd Shift
Malabar, FloridaJob ID SAS20210710-70559
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assembly B – 2nd Shift
Job Code: SAS20210710-70559
Job Location: Malabar, FL
Under general supervision, responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Able to identify problems and issues in straightforward situations resulting in resolving in most issues. Intermediate comprehension and interpretation of a variety of technical specifications, including IPC/J-STD knowledge, terms, and documents. Ability to complete less structured assignments determining and/or following methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, and hand soldering assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications and work authorization documentation. Fully participate/engage in team meetings with a positive attitude.
- Hand solder components and wires to circuit cards
- Utilize microscope while soldering circuit cards
- Measure, cut, strip, and solder wires including crimping contacts
- Apply chemicals/adhesives on circuit cards
- Read and follow documented work instructions consistently
- Navigate electronic computer program for work instructions and sign offs
- Perform rework on assemblies
- Perform daily and weekly 5S checklist items
- Attention to detail
- Participation and engagement in team meetings
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working under a low power microscope and soldering printed circuit boards
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge in IPC/J-STD acceptance criteria
- IPC 610 & 620 Certification
- Experience measuring and mixing 2-part chemicals
- Mechanical assembly experience
- Experience developing ideas or collaborating with engineering for fixtures/tooling
- Lean Manufacturing & Kaizen experience
- Experience working with conformal coating on circuit cards
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with MES computer programs
- Comfortable speaking in group/team settings
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.