Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer - Implementation Chief Engineer
Madison, Wisconsin; WisconsinJob ID CS20222208-89208
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineering - Implementation Chief Engineer
Job ID: CS20222208-89208
Job Location: Madison-WI
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Lead, Systems Implementation Chief Engineer to join our team. This position will be based in the State of Wisconsin.
The L3Harris Implementation Chief Engineer is a customer facing project engineering position focused on the technical oversight and coordination of the design, implementation, and testing of Land Mobile Radio wireless communications systems for Public Safety, Transportation and Utility Customers. This position ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems and subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Assumes project engineering ownership after contract award including final design and equipment selection, implementation and as-built documentation, factory and on-site installation and system optimization through delegation of tasks to appropriate project personnel.
- Partners with a Project Manager, Network Engineer, and other System Engineers to ensure complete project life cycle integration.
- Interacts with customers, project teams, and delegate as well as accept project responsibilities, and implements projects within the assigned scope, cost, and schedule.
- Leads technical engineering functions for the development of design documentation to include application descriptions, interface control documents, system design drawings, system integration, IP network configuration, and test plans in accordance with contractual requirements deliverables.
- Leads discussions with customers, consultants, vendors, subcontractors and other L3Harris personnel as necessary during project life cycles.
- Responsible for technical planning, system parts ordering, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems is required. Analysis are performed at all levels of system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Travels as needed, around 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing projects within the assigned scope, cost, and schedule.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing engineering projects life cycle.
- Experience with Land Mobile Radio wireless communications systems.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.