Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20221410-91973
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, System Administration
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Code: CS20221410-91973
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Specialist, Systems Administration to join our team. This position will be based at our Lynchburg, VA facility.
L3Harris Technologies Inc. provides mission-critical communications solutions that give our customers a clear advantage – making them safer, faster and more effective. Our public safety and professional communications business sector is focused on radio and software products that serve first responders and commercial fleet users. As part of our team, you will design and develop cutting-edge public safety products, impacting millions of people, for our critical communication radio systems used by police, fire, EMS, military and commercial customers throughout the world.
As a security & platforms team member, the successful candidate will be personally responsible for:
- Definition, design, implementation, and support of standard configurations for platforms used within the L3Harris VIDA system (currently Vmware, Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Implementation, configuration, and support of third-party commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products (ex: real-time threat protection, VPN, authentication services, system monitoring/logging, backup/recovery tools, event management, etc.). Work with third party vendor technical assistance centers to resolve vendor software issues.
- Assisting in maintaining, enhancing, & testing the cybersecurity posture of the standard L3Harris system offering for public safety mission critical communications.
- Assist with periodic audits of the VIDA system/platform by using manual checklists and vulnerability assessment software (i.e. Tenable Nessus, Coverity, Black Duck, NetSparker, etc.)
- Assisting other engineering & quality teams in incorporating platforms and operating system best practices into software/application development.
- Provide tier 3 assistance for fielded systems in order to identify field problems, isolate root causes, and initiate corrective actions.
- Interact with and advise system engineers, architects, program managers, and field engineers regarding ongoing infrastructure activities
- Work within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment, where several engineering teams work collaboratively to deliver high quality systems in unison.
- Use configuration management tools for issue tracking, version control, requirements traceability, and remediation plans.
- This posiitons requires occassional travel (10%)
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related technical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant technical experience or
- Graduate degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related technical experience
- Land Mobile Radio (LMR) knowledge & experience.
- Ability to work with customers in different market verticals to understand their specific requirements and how to address those requirements.
- DevOps & Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline experience (ex:Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Automated testing experience (unit tests, functional/product level automation, etc.)
- Capability to make significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.