Sr Spec, Cont Improvement
Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20211902-56900
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Cont Improvement
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Code: CS20211902-56900
- Self-motivated continuous improvement professional to identify, inspire, and implement PSPC strategic initiatives around key focus areas of customers, employees, financials, and business processes.
- The successful candidate will coordinate across L3Harris PSPC departments to drive operational excellence and a culture for continual improvement.
- Leads and operationalizes PSPC strategic initiatives for drive productivity improvements and efficiencies in technical / programs functional areas.
- Manages complex projects to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices and procedures.
- Working across cross functional teams to drive solutions and results.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem.
- Responsible for initiative ownership, project identification and qualification, reporting success metrics, incorporating best practices, and effectively communicating PSPC improvements.
- This is a high exposure position, leading culture changes for the entire PSPC organization, with weekly interactions with the senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years experience in applying Lean and Six Sigma tools
- 4+ years technical experience in engineering or related experience
- Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification required
- Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification desired
- PMP/PMI Certification or equivalent desired
- Networking and Communication product / market knowledge desired
- Leadership, Change Management, and Facilitation experience
- Proven strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel; Power Point; Word; Visio, SharePoint
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.