Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Factor-to-Field Systems Engineer
Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20220108-87861
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer (Factory to Field Systems Engineer)
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Code: CS20220108-87861
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Factory-To-Field Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Lynchburg-VA facility.
The Factory to Field Systems Engineer will support and implement cutting edge public safety IT systems used by police, fire, EMS and the military. Systems involve L3Harris and vendor equipment, and typically include IP networks, linux and windows virtual machines, RF Base Station & Repeater equipment, and/or other custom subsystems.
- Owning the implementation of complex IP-Based LMR systems from staging to field deployment
- Testing and validating functional performance of systems with customers.
- Implement standardized configurations for all VMWare, Windows, and Linux platforms used within the system.
- Participate in discussions with customers, consultants, vendors, subcontractors and other L3Harris personnel as necessary.
The successful candidate will drive improvement in the program implementation process by actively participating in every phase of the design, staging, configuration and implementation of Harris Land Mobile Radio systems, with an emphasis, on streamlining system implementations. The candidate will be involved in technical planning, system integration, functional validation, and system cutover.
The candidate will participate in discussions with customers, consultants, vendors and other L3Harris personnel as necessary to advance projects. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent project tasks, and prioritize them appropriately.
Approximately 50% time will be spent in factory staging and verification and 50% field travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Network Administration, Computer Science, or similar technical degree; and, a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with virtualization platforms
- Experience with server administration; practical hands-on field experience in system administration, staging, configuration and implementation of complex systems.
- Experience working within a cross-functional team environment.
- 4-6 years practical hands on experience in LMR system design, staging, configuration, and implementation of complex radio systems.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CCNA, MCSE, RHCSE, PMP, Security+, etc.) are a plus.
Experience in design of IP networks, RF antenna systems, microwave systems, wireless data systems, data networking, as well as system configuration is desired
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group. The successful candidate will possess shared Harris values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent project tasks and prioritize them appropriately
- Has clear & concise ability to communicate issues in a less technical sense to management and business
- Demonstrate leadership skills which include customer focus, change management, teamwork, diversity, and integrity
- Self-motivated team player, able to set priorities and manage to deadlines
- Excellent trouble-shooting, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve problems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.