Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20211210-70770
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Job Location: Lynchburg VA
Job Code: CS20211210-70770
The Sales Engineer will work directly with the PSPC Sales Team to support business development activities.
- Working with the various Account Managers to create a vision for successful technical demonstrations, trials, and exercises.
- Actively demonstrate successful technical solutions to customers.
- Executing development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Providing input during the evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor.
- Understanding customer requirements and use-cases for product applications and articulating technology and product positioning to business developers, engineering teams, and product line managers.
- Acting as a liaison between internal and external stake holders to define user requirements and shape product features to fit those needs.
- Understanding the features of L3Harris products and conveying how those features benefit individual and unique customers.
- Recommending equipment solutions to customers that will meet their requirements.
- Coordinating support for technical complexities of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- The staging, maintnance and operation of a typical LMR Trunked Radio Systems.
- Providing pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support for L3Harris products to customers, to include operation and limited maintenance.
- Providing training to customers on L3Harris products.
- Provide support to other team members as required for similar responsibilities.
- Support centralized equipment cache – including configuration maintenance and movement logistics.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 50%).
- Systems engineering/integration experience.
- Internet Protocol (IP) networking experience.
- A basic understanding of electronics therory and the ability to work with hardware components as required.
- A working knowledge of Public Safety communications and Public Safety dispatching operations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance. This postion will require a full background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- 2 + years relevant experience in communication planning, operation, or installation.
- 2 + years Radio communication experience (HF, ANW2, SATCOM, FM, P25)
- Military service (Technical/Communications) experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree “Electrical Engineering” with 4+ years relevant experience.
- Active Security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.