Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20212602-57212
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: CS20212602-57212
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Program Manager who has implemented large scale, Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems. Program Managers who have implemented large scale deployments in the Cellular industry would also make a good candidate.
- A Lead Program Manager (PM) is considered a subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of program management.
- A Lead PM manages large, complex programs of substantial important to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- A Lead PM communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes, and approaches during the execution of programs.
- A Lead PM provides input and insight to process improvements and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business results.
- A Lead PM is responsible for all management activities associated with overseeing and successfully completing the installation of a Land Mobile Radio System.
- Day-to-day interaction with public safety customers while implementing system(s).
- Schedule Management - Complete planning of the program including extensive use of Microsoft Project Schedule with resource loading and weekly schedule updating.
- Risk Management - Risk/Opportunity Management including seeking ways to upsell additional equipment and services with a goal of at least 5% growth in contract value.
- Issue Management - Action/Issue Log Management including using the Action List to drive weekly meetings with the customer(s)
- Financial Management - Full financial responsibility and accountability for meeting baseline targets for Revenue, GM, and Cash Collections.
- Change Management - Track all requests for change, run requests through the Change Control Board (CCB) and present changes to the customer.
- Internal Communication Meetings - Produce quality review decks to SLT that are timely and accurate, concise and error free. Present information clearly and with confidence.
- Embrace and utilize the established PM tools including MS Project Online and MS Dynamics.
- Model ethical behavior and be accountable by promoting L3Harris values / Code of Conduct, demonstrating integrity, treating others with respect, and raising concerns without fear of retaliation.
- 100% on-time completion of all required compliance training by the dates established.
- 7 + years and a proven track record of successfully implementing large scale LMR or Cellular systems.
- An expert in MS Project scheduling. PSPC does not have dedicated schedulers and requires all Program Managers to be fluent in MS Project Online.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- PMP Certified
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in the use of other MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with MS Dynamics 360 and Tableau dashboards and other cutting edge tools
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.