Lead, Project Management
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Lead, Project Management
Job Location – Lynchburg, VA
Job ID – CS20202805-46013
L3Harris is searching for a dynamic, seasoned Project Manager to join our team. The position will report to the Engineering PMO in PSPC and will based out of Lynchburg, VA.
- Acts as a servant leader for multiple agile project teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more value streams (multiple projects and/or release trains).
- Includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Provide direction and set priorities to deliver to plans/budget and resolve day-to-day project issues as it relates to the Engineering portfolio.
- Perform risk/issue assessment, tracking, resolution, escalation and closeout to ensure satisfactory project performance and delivery.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate schedules, well defined statements of work, identified and quantified risk, highest quality, and costs within budget.
- Manage and maintain program/project management tools, metrics, and related processes.
- Instill process discipline and a culture of accountability focused on customer satisfaction and supreme quality.
- Assist in the leadership of the teams through the Agile transformation and acting as a perpetual change agent to that end.
- Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively, maintains control over all current projects/responsibilities. Follows up on all relevant issues; pro-active.
- Minimal travel within the US anticipated.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9 years related project Manager experience, ideally in Hardware and/or Software)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Knowledge and/or certification in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience/knowledge of LMR systems a plus
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, including exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Able to work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Demonstrated the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Ability to understand and evaluate technical and non-technical documents.
- Well organized, ability to meet deadlines, self-starter and be able to multi-task between multiple consecutive critical tasks.
- Cognizant of ISO quality system procedures and documents.
- Ability to use proper English spelling, grammar and legible office and business writing skills.
- Should possess shared L3Harris values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, and Accountability.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.