Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lynchburg, VirginiaJob ID CS20221306-83933
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Field Technician
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job ID: CS20221306-83933
The Factory to Field technician is engaged for system staging and commissioning of active programs through system installation and optimization for complex land-mobile radio (LMR) systems that satisfy specific customer requirements. Systems involve L3Harris and vendor equipment, and typically include RF Base Station & Repeater equipment, microwave links, IP networks, wireless data, RF antenna subsystems, 911 dispatch and/or other custom subsystems.
The candidate will be a member of a team responsible for the implementation and support of standard configurations of all L3Harris applications used within the L3Harris VIDA network. The team is responsible for integrating the standard architecture using standard tools to consistently deploy RF systems that maintain high security, high availability, and the best possible performance of multiple large-scale mission critical voice systems.
The successful candidate will; Aggressively resolve problems; Execute to Standard Operating Procedures; support activities with vendors, escalation teams, and other teams within L3Harris; Maintain high standards of quality to providing solid consistent reliable and secure performance for large-scale public safety systems. The candidate will be responsible for reporting lessons learned over the life cycle of a project.
The candidate will be responsible for the staging, commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintenance of complex LMR systems. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationship of the RF Sites and VIDA Network Infrastructure, and be able to exercise judgement in performing tasks in identifying system problems, isolating root causes, and initiate corrective action for staged and fielded systems through the L3Harris PSPC Engineering Support group. The candidate will interact with system engineers, program managers, network planning engineers, product engineers, and field techs/engineers regarding ongoing activities.
Approximately 50% time will be spent in factory staging and verification and 50% field travel.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of experience deploying and supporting LMR systems or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience deploying and supporting LMR systems
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, Virtual Machines, and radio programming.
- Experience in RF/LMR system staging, configuration and implementation of complex radio systems.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CCNA, Security+) are a plus
- Knowledge of VoIP systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent project tasks and prioritize them appropriately
- Has clear & concise ability to communicate issues in a less technical sense to management and business
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- 4+ years of experience deploying and supporting LMR systems with AS degree in computer science, information technology, or similar technical field required
- Familiar with troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving system issues.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.