Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Van Nuys - Senior Specialist, Mechanical Engineer (Electronic Packaging)
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221306-83992
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Mechanical Engineer (Analysis and Test)
Job Code: SAS20221306-83992
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
As an individual contributor, you will function as the responsible Mechanical Engineer on programs and internal development projects. Responsible for the design, layout, testing and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems. Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval. Analyzes mechanical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Investigates solutions to product or process problems. Consolidates results of mechanical design elements for assigned projects. Conducts investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications or requirements. Performs product validation activities to include thermal and structural testing IAW MIL-STD-810.
- Own all aspects of the mechanical design for products under your control.
- Conduct thermal, stress, and dynamic analysis to ensure design can survive contractually required environmental specifications.
- Conduct/oversee mechanical design validation testing to include thermal, random vibration, and shock tests IAW MIL-STD-810.
- Generate thermal and structural analysis reports to support mechanical design activities.
- Work with Configuration Management to maintain all design documentation.
- Represent Mechanical Engineering in IPT meetings, design reviews, FRBs, customer meetings, audits, and other activities.
- Lead design modifications for existing products, frequently driven by vendor or manufacturing requested changes, component obsolescence, or customer environmental testing requirements.
- Conduct tolerance analysis on piece parts and assemblies to ensure proper fit in all instances.
- Drive continuous product improvement by interfacing with vendors/suppliers to optimize design and minimize cost.
- Electronic packaging experience for aviation or space environments.
- Experience with thermal and structural finite element analysis (FEA) using SolidWorks Simulation or equivalent analysis software.
- CAD Proficiency using SolidWorks or CREO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree (MS/PhD) and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Relevant electronic packaging background with 6-10 years of work experience
- Experience with shock and vibrational mechanical testing and validation.
- Strong understanding of applicable government and industry standards including MIL-STD-810.
- Experience conducting structural, thermal, dynamic analysis with analysis tools such as SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS Workbench, FEMAP, Nastran, Mathcad, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities with a degree of autonomy and integrity.
- Knowledge of PCB layout and design practices and standards.
- Familiarity with Electronics assembly and construction processes and techniques.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.