Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist Test Engineer
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221904-80877
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20221904-80877
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
Performs test on production and field return assemblies at the depot level on various ELINT, ESM, ECM, SIGINT and Radar applications. Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Develops and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications, procedures and customer acceptance. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Typically requires 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- Test production builds, spares and repair assemblies per acceptance test procedures, using schematics, drawings and documentation.
- Troubleshoot to the component level on RF assemblies, Analog and Digital based circuitry on products using test equipment, test fixtures using product documentation and test procedures.
- Update asset management application systems for tracking status, activity, condition, and other information for assigned units.
- Experience with standard RF lab equipment like PNA/VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, NF Meter, Network Analyzer, Power Meter, etc.
- Experience with LabVIEW, or similar environments to control complex RF subsystems, electro-mechanical motion, and audio/video distribution.
- Design and develop, test plans and procedures, for the verification and validation of multi-unit systems, stand-alone units, assembly, sub-assembly and circuit card designs.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, and perform tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
Requires strong knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having a specialty within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- 6+ years with BS in designated Engineering or related field. OR 4+ years prior work experience with a graduate degree.
- Prior military experience with the troubleshooting and repairing of electronic equipment using schematics, diagrams, specifications, and layouts.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy
- Complete understanding and wide application of Radar technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related defense military based equipment disciplines in meeting objectives.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment, where performance is key to meeting our customer expectations and on-time delivery requirements.
- Minimum 3+ years of working with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, function generators, power meters, multimeters, DC supplies
- Be a US citizen
- Experience with ELINT, ESM, ECM, SIGINT, or radar applications performing signal collection, signal processing, direction finding, and range determining equipment and systems to the military and intelligence communities
- Minimum 3+ years of working with RF frequencies: 500 MHz up to 40 GHz
- Minimum 3+ years of working with various test equipment required to support testing and repair product lines
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.