Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer (Van Nuys, CA)
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20210305-60633
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210305-60633
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
L3Harris is looking for a Quality Engineer to join its operations organization in Van Nuys CA.The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement program quality plans, programs, and procedures using statistical quality control.
- Ensure that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform trend analysis of defects. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Recommend corrective actions, dispositions, and modifications.
- Perform As-Built verifications and work with Configuration Management to assist with hardware flow.
- Advanced product Quality Planning, SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, problem solving methodologies and Lean Concepts.
- Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities.
- Experience evaluating complex electronic hardware, under magnification, to IPC-J-STD-001 and/or NASASTD-8739.
- Certified, or the ability to obtain certification to the above referenced workmanship standards.
- Experience with engineering drawing review and interpretation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Lean/Six Sigma training (green/black belt) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support customer commitments and business objectives.
- Understanding of Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance principles.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.