Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Radar Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, California; Palmdale, California; Palm Springs, California; Orange, California; Oceanside, California; Los Angeles, California; Long Beach, California; Irvine, California; El Segundo, California; Anaheim, California; CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220410-91396
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We’re looking to grow our Space & Airborne Systems, Surveillance Solutions team! We have an opportunity for a Radar Systems Engineer to join teamto help us design, develop, integrate, test, and deliver Air Traffic Management and Defense Surveillance Radar systems to our customers and support their on-going operations.
If you are passionate about driving technology innovation with an unrelenting tenacity to overcome challenges / obstacles, we’d love to meet and talk about your future at L3Harris!
Our team is dedicated to recruiting and building a diverse, high-performance team that is passionate about what they do. We are unified in our shared dedication to our quest for professional development and our customers’ success. At L3Harris we continuously strive to provide an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Provide technical leadership to a multi-discipline team of engineers from proposal development to production through sustainment
- Generate and maintain concepts of operation and use cases; develop, decompose, and trace multi-level requirements; and lead specialty engineering disciplines (reliability, maintainability, availability, safety, etc.)
- Lead integration and test of systems, subsystems, and related hardware, software, & firmware components
- Provide technical leadership performing data analysis, modeling, and simulation to guide design and to find underlying root cause of problems
- Develop and update test plans, procedures, and reports
- Work in a highly dynamic hardware & software development and integration lab
- Be the primary technical point of contact for your internal and external customers, leading preparation and presentation of the technical material for project and design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance, US Citizenship is required
- 5 years of experience with Radar System performance requirements, system design requirements, interface documents, test plans and test procedures
- 8 years of experience with larger electronic systems, especially those that include antennas, receivers, transmitters, and digital signal processing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret Security Clearance or above level clearance
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Ability to convey technical information and ideas in a clear and concise manner, including executive communication and technical presentations
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team (spanning systems, software, firmware, hardware, mechanical, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following key skill areas: Signal Processing, Tracking, Sensor Fusion, Receivers (Digital and Analog), Synchronizer / Timing, logic design, computer architecture, Systems Engineering Processes, LabView, Software (Interface, Visualization)
- Experience with RF systems including ESM, radar, or communication systems is desired
- Experience with total system product development to include reliability, maintainability, availability, fault tolerant design, EMI / EMC, and environmental requirements
- Familiarity with IBM Rational DOORs or other requirements traceability tools
- Experience with SysML / Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Understanding of applicable programming and scripting languages for analysis and test (such as MATLAB, Python, Excel/VBA, C/C++, Java)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.