Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222906-85662
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20222906-85662
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates and manages the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test. Expands the product line with the customer to plan for and capture future follow-on business. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
The Surveillance Solutions (SS) Business Area, located in Van Nuys, California, (in the San Fernando Valley) provides enabling technologies for situational awareness in land, sea, and air delivering identification, analysis, and precision approach of platforms in the area of interest. Through active radar technologies and passive detection solutions, SS allows for complete battlespace control.
Our Air Traffic Management and Defense Radar enterprise provides Air Defense Radar systems on surface ships and land to provide immediate recognition of everything in view. In our Air Traffic Management enterprise, our radars provide the capability to land aircraft in any situation including both mobile and fixed sites.
Through our Reconnaissance enterprise, we provide Electronic Support Measures (ESM) and Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) systems. The ESM systems are on surface ships and submarines around the world providing real-time intelligence of all of the active radars in the area, while the ELINT systems provide long-term pattern recognition for coastal and border surveillance of air, sea and land objects.
• Ensures programs are executing within compliance with specifications, performance requirements, schedules, cost commitments and internal policies and procedures
• Work guided by individual annual goals and objectives
• Frequently responsible for managing a portfolio of programs of strategic importance to the organization, involving cross-functional teams
• Communicates within and outside of the organization to include customers and vendors
• Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches
• Implements strategic goals established by leadership and establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year)
• Provides input into new processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results
• May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees within the job area
• Responsible for program/proposal finances
• Works with customers and programs to determine needs, requirements, and develops new business opportunities
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
• Coordinates and manages the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
• Must be able to portray compelling reasons for change as Program/Project priorities dictate
• Ability to obtain a clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience with Earned Value reporting and tracking
• Direct program and proposal management experience
• Experience planning, scheduling, and organizing proposals
• Ability to work effectively as the primary customer point of contact and the ability to interface internally and externally at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Qualified applicant will possess excellent project management skills
• Demonstrated influencing skills
• PMP certification or working to obtain certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.