Lead, Business Development
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20202809-51123
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Business Development
Job Code: SAS20202809-51123
Job Location: San Diego, CA or Van Nuys, CA
This position is responsible for creating new growth in our space communication business, with a focus on commercial and defense satellite manufacturers and government end users.
- Familiarity with RF communication architectures and defense electronics business development experience preferred. Ability to work simultaneous opportunities at different stages of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain our capabilities, uncover opportunity, and influence change. Looking for a candidate who is intellectually curious, energetic, has demonstrated experience to think and act creatively and a winning mindset. Ability to engage their audience and be persuasive.
- Develops and executes an effective plan and strategy to capture new business across our Space hardware and software product portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with current and potential new customers to facilitate ongoing and new business opportunities, including uncovering and shaping
- Coordinate and manage new business capture through the complete business development cycle from planning, targeting and gathering through proposing and eventual closure
- Assist in development of win strategies and PTW (price-to-win) for selected pursuits
- Assist in evaluating market and competitive conditions and developing competitive assessments
- Assist in developing and maintaining business forecasts for customer, market and product lines
- Provide a voice of the customer back to the business
- Travel as required to support opportunity identification and pursuit efforts. Generate briefing materials as they pertain to the customer's interests/needs. Present briefings at customer or L3H locations as needed.
- Current understanding of space industry trends, capabilities, satellite manufacturers, and communication hardware or encryption needs
- Assess influence within customer organizations
- Space mission domain and RF communication links knowledge
- COMSEC or Information Assurance understanding
- B.S. Degree in business or technical field (BSEE or BSME preferred) or equivalent required with a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience, MBA a plus
Preferred Additional Skills:
- TS/SCI is preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.