Sr Spvr, Operations Mgmt - Weekend Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Production Supervisor (Weekend Shift ) Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Job Location – USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID – CS20202406-46941
To ensure all production activities support L3Harris business, and are carried out in accordance with company policy and accepted standards of practice. Facilitate the daily operations of the assigned manufacturing production lines by fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to high employee morale and productivity
- Understand and effectively communicate production goals. Serve as a catalyst in employee engagement and productivity. Use data to drive action and engage employee in contributing to a continuous improvement culture, address any shortfalls to daily production plan.
- Lead and/or facilitate Lean/Continuous Improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the Manufacturing organization
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Key participant in the problem solving process. Works collaboratively to develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule and within forecasted budget
- Enforce performance against key metrics including the 6S Program, on time delivery, production levels, down time, and the integrity of the buffer system.
- Monitor production yields, manage daily/weekly failure trends throughout all processes, and lead yield improvement activities.
- Serve as an employer advocate (role model), positively promoting the company image and appropriately identifying, addressing or directing concerns that may have a negative impact on the company image.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce safety regulations and requirements applicable to the cell environment
- Review and approve all daily & weekly time allocations.
- Evaluate weekly, monthly and quarterly staffing requirements, identify any excesses or shortfalls in staffing, take action to resolve any deficiencies or excess to the plan.
- Evaluate current test equipment requirements in relation to production plan, communicate issues to Production Manager and Manufacturing Engineer.
- Conduct a daily walkthrough inspecting all work areas for cleanliness. Identify any issues, concerns or areas for improvement. Lead team in 5S, FOD protocols, be exemplary role model.
- Ensure that all components/ materials are properly handled (ESD totes, dividers, etc.) so as to prevent damage. Consult manufacturing engineers on any questions of proper handling.
- Continually review and enforce the use and maintenance of work instructions, routers, logs, scrap tickets, training matrix, calibration requirements and company procedures.
- Ensure materials are appropriately assigned to the designated cell based on customer demand and forecast requirements. Monitor and coordinate the flow of materials into the cell as needed and report; anticipate and address concerns, inefficiencies, and shortages.
- Ensure that non-conforming material (both scrap and RTI) is collected, reviewed, and transacted daily.
- Ensure all subordinates are properly trained and certified. Work with manufacturing engineers to provide proper training. Report any training concerns to leadership.
- Willingness to lead teams on weekends when required.
- Coordinate all internal support requirements. Inform team of any issues obtaining required support.
- Keep detailed records of personnel and provide periodic feedback for subordinates, including recognition for strengths and opportunities for improvements. Write and present annual performance reviews.
- Coordinate any monthly conformance testing.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly status reports as required.
• 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Associate’s degree (AS) in Operations/Business Management or similar field or 10+ plus relevant work experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering or similar field.
- Proficiency using Microsoft products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience supervising in a union environment.
- Lean Six Sigma certifications.
- Understanding of and experience working with root cause problem solving methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to isolate a problem and work toward resolution.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and measurement systems.
- Understanding and utilization of continuous improvement practices.
SCOPE AND INFLUENCE
Directly supervises individual contributors.
Policy & Strategy
Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the production line.
Freedom to Act
Assignments are task-oriented. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
Decisions impact production line. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of more resources.
Interacts internally primarily with subordinates and other supervisors. Primary purpose of liaison is information sharing and basic problem resolution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH AND SAFETY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. It can include but not limited to, eye protection, gloves, and protective smocks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an open environment that interacts with a large variety of employees and functions. Employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. Must be able to be in contact with sealants and solvents. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. Individuals assigned to perform tasks defined in this job description that are controlled by the ISO program have the authority, consent and responsibility to carry out those tasks as defined in the program.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.