Sr Assoc, Mechanical Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Mechanical Engrg
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
Job ID: CS20213003-58836
The successful candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design of assembly tools and test stations used to manufacture products. Design responsibilities include conceptual design trades, detailed design and analysis, documentation, and hands-on involvement in build and test with emphasis in the following areas:
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop concept for station or tool design.
- Design the station to meet the requirements including schedule and cost.
- Develop detail drawings for the parts to be manufactured.
- Document the station with assembly drawings and bill of material.
- Hands on involvement in assembly and implementation of equipment.
- Design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Sustaining engineering for production qualified designs.
- B.S. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
Familiar with technical principles, theories and concepts within the field. Basic practical knowledge of integration requirements for other related disciplines including optics, electronics, software, sensors, and lasers.
- Intermediate level experience with solid modeling (part and assembly) and drafting. Experience with Siemens NX software preferred.
- Entry to intermediate level knowledge of opto-mechanical test station design.
- Entry to intermediate level knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Entry level knowledge of task/project scoping and execution to schedules
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.