Sr Assoc, Material Management
Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20212503-58649
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Material Management
Location: Londonderry, NH
Requisition ID: CS20212503-58649
The Senior Associate, Material Management Planner role will report into Supply Chain and is responsible for planning product lines in a way that meets Customer Shipment requirements while meeting business objectives for Contractual commitments, Sales, Finance, and Operations Capacity. They will utilize best planning practices and exceptional communication to translate Sales Orders and Forecast Orders into achievable manufacturing schedules that insure on-time shipments, and Optimizing product lines.
One of the primary keys to success in this role is to accurately forecast upcoming challenges to material flow and production with solution focused mentality to maintain Production Schedule that supports SIOP. This role will develop and publish metrics for tracking manufacturing performance against Contractual & Revenue Objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Communication conduit between Operations, Product Managers, Purchasing, to identify constraints, and developing production plans that meet customer and business needs
- Enters and maintains planning information in the MRP system based on Sales Orders and Forecast Orders
- Maintains the Production Schedule for respective product line for business reviews and adjusts the Production Schedule to account for changes in customer requirements, delays in raw material, availability of production equipment or labor, etc.
- Works with Purchasing to ensure raw material supplies are scheduled to support the production schedule
- Publishes the Production Plan with buy in from internal stakeholders
- Develops, maintains, and monitors daily build schedules and report issues affecting targets with manufacturing, procurement, engineering, or others as needed
- Maintains integrity of all data and planning parameters to maximize manufacturing efficiencies
- Prepares and Supports the monthly Sales & Operations Planning meeting for their respective Product Line; perform all appropriate planning maintenance following the S&OP meetings
- Manages production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of all customer orders
- Assist in writing and updating Procedures and documenting processes to facilitate change management
- Engages in process improvement projects with interconnecting departments to ensure positive, clear communication of build priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum of 2 years of related experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 0-2 years prior related experience, or professional relevant job experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in material planning and manufacturing processes
- 1-3 years’ of supply/demand process and analysis
- 1-3 years’ experience with MRP systems, preferably CostPoint and Factory Logix
- Aptitude to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up, anticipate changes
- High-level MS Excel skills (comfortable with imports/exports, writing formulas - vlookup, pivot tables, multi-tab spreadsheets, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to work well with others to help manage change in the organization
- Capable of solving practical problems and in a variety of changing situations
- DoD Clearance is desired, but not required
- APICS certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply chain Professional (CSCP) a plus
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification a plus
- Ability to learn, understand, and use existing MS Access Databases
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.