Spec, Systems Engrg
Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20213003-58833
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineering
Job Code: CS20213003-58833
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
Advance your career in a fast-paced company with hands-on design opportunities that become production reality. L3Harris Integrated Vision Solutions, is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our technical staff. You will be part of a small engineering team responsible for the hands-on development and integration, systems engineering leadership and technical expertise to support the development of military systems (e.g., thermal weapon sights range finders, or mobility sensors). We are looking for engineers who are versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Our engineering team focuses on providing innovative solutions that maximize the warfighter's effectiveness on the battlefield. As a Systems Engineer, you will be involved in all phases of the design process, from concept to prototype integration to production. You will manage individual projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Perform engineering trade studies on existing product technologies
- Translate requirements into system design architecture by providing systems engineering guidance for multidisciplinary design teams (i.e., sensors, optics, mechanics, firmware, electronics)
- Provide in-depth technical engineering analysis
- Research and write System Specifications for new systems
- Perform system build, integration, debugging and testing (hands-on product development)
- Support transition from prototype to production
- BS or MS in engineering (or math/physics) is required
- 4-6 year related industry experience required
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with hardware/software systems integration and troubleshooting
- Experience with inertial measurement algorithms
- Experience communicating technical requirements to multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Experience with MatLab, Mathcad or other analysis tools
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience designing military products considered a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary, desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.