Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Embedded Software Engineer (New Grad - Londonderry, NH)
Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20220205-81583
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer (New Grad - Londonderry, NH)
Job Code: CS20220205-81583
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
The Software Engineer will be part of a talented engineering team responsible for the hands-on development and integration of software and application tools for an integrated, embedded system providing dismounted warfighters with advanced embedded systems and interconnect ability. The position will support the complete software development lifecycle of complex projects from defining software requirements through release to production. You will be a key contributor in designing and developing software for efficiency and reuse.
- Participates in the design, documentation, development, and testing of highly reusable embedded software
- Participates in understanding customer and system requirements and translating into software requirements
- Responsible for preparing and presenting software designs to peers, internal and/or external customers
- Participates in integration, debug and test of software and hardware
- Responsible for tracking software development features, tasks and defects through release
- Responsible for software build and release of select projects
- Participates in software project estimation, planning and execution using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Leads and participates in software design and code reviews for software components
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Engineering, Information Security, Mathematics, Digital Arts & Sciences or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of data structures and inter-process communications
- Proficient knowledge of multi-threaded development and interrupt servicing
- Experience with networking, wireless, and Ethernet protocols
- Experience designing embedded products for Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Experience with object oriented design (OOD)
- Experience developing embedded C/C++ software
- Experience with embedded development using in-circuit emulators and debuggers
- Experience with basic electronics troubleshooting (e.g., schematics, multimeters, oscilloscopes)
- Understanding of communications protocols (e.g., USB, I2C, SPI, UART etc.)
- Proficient with software configuration management tools. Git preferred.
- Proficient with feature and defect tracking tools. Jira preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.