Senior Embedded Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job Location – USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID – CS20210802-56303
Advance your career in a fast-paced company with hands-on design opportunities that become production reality. L3Harris is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our software engineering team. You will be part of a talented engineering team responsible for the hands-on development and integration of software and application tools for an integrated, embedded system providing warfighters with advanced system interconnect ability. We are looking for engineers who are versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, leading software development of complex projects from defining software requirements through release to production. You will be a key contributor in defining the software architecture and designing for efficiency and reuse.
This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for design, documentation, development, and testing of highly reusable embedded software
- Responsible for understanding customer and system requirements and translating into software requirements
- Responsible for preparing and presenting software designs to peers, internal and external customers
- Participates in integration, debug and test of software and hardware
- Responsible for tracking software development features, tasks and defects through release
- Responsible for software build and release of select projects
- Participates in software project estimation, planning and execution using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Leads and participates in software design and code reviews for system and subsystem components
- Participates in the development of software processes and best practices
- Supports proposals with concept designs and estimates
- Supports, trains, and/or mentors other team members in design best practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of embedded C/C++ experience on bare metal and RTOS platforms
- 3+ years of experience developing SW on embedded platforms
- Expert knowledge designing embedded products for Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Expert knowledge of data structures and inter-process communications
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded development and interrupt servicing
- Expert knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. USB, I2C, SPI, UART etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of networking (e.g. TCP/IP), wireless, and Ethernet protocols
- Proficient at software design (UML a plus)
- Proficient with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proficient with software configuration management tools. Git preferred.
- Proficient with feature and defect tracking tools. Jira preferred.
- Proficient with embedded development using IAR Workbench, in-circuit emulators and debuggers
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with electrical schematics and circuits
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Experience with DOORS Requirements Management
- Experience with Eclipse and Make build systems
- Experience with Jenkins and DevOps tools
- Experience developing imaging systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.