Scientist, Systems Engrg
Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20212303-58557
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: CS20212303-58557
Job Location: Londondderry, NH
The Project Engineer for Advanced Goggles will work within a large design and manufacturing engineering team. The candidate will be expected to lead technology transition into operations for the Advanced Goggles product family, relying on team members from other specific disciplines as required. Experience with night vision or imaging systems with a focus on process development, automation, and design for manufacturability and the design, development, implementation and validation of manufacturing processes, test methods and equipment is required. The successful candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution.
- Serve as the primary technical point-of-contact for a product family, relying on engineers from specific disciplines as required
- Prepare and conduct technical briefings
- Assess and report technical project status, risks and issues
- Provide cross-functional technical and process leadership in the execution of multiple projects within the Advanced Goggle family
- Oversee product development technical activities to assure designs are technically sound and meet system level requirements
- Collaborate with design teams, test, manufacturing, quality, program management and external customers to execute projects and deliver high-quality systems
- Assist in the design, development, implementation and validation of manufacturing processes for new Advanced Goggle products
- Document process development including manufacturing procedures, protocols and reports
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of product design, manufacture and assembly techniques
- BS or MS in engineering or other quantitative sciences is required
- Greater than 10 years related industry experience required
- Demonstrated advanced experience with hands-on hardware/software integration, failure analysis and troubleshooting required
- Experience translating technical requirements into design details and verification with military focus test methodologies required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business and respond to customer needs.
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance or Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.