Mechanical Assembler/Production Tester I - All Shifts (Contract)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - Mechanical Assembler/Production Tester I - All Shifts (Contract)
Job Code - CS20202708-49933
Job Location - Londonderry, NH
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on optical, electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies. Follows and adheres to work instructions to complete basic assembly operations, and uses hand and/or power tools as required. Makes electrical continuity checks on work in process and completed systems as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Applies basic English language skills to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Assembles mechanical, optical or electrical components and subassemblies following specified work instructions and procedures to ensure finished product meets established operational, quality, and cosmetic requirements
- Continuously performs visual inspections of materials for defects and conducts any range of functional tests and cleaning at prescribed intervals to ensure proper operation of various components during assembly.
- Reports deviations from standard to appropriate resource for review, instruction and authorization and conducts quality inspection at specified intervals
- Performs accurate data and record keeping either on paper or digital format (through basic computer use)
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Applies basic math skills to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight, measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to mix, work with, and apply to small parts different types of bonds, adhesives, and epoxies (RTV, 2216, epoxy, etc.)
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work; works well with others
- Performs job duties in a manner that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Consistently at work and on-time
- Participates in a variety of meetings, committees and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve issues and maintains specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
- All other duties as assigned
- 0-1 year assembly experience in a manufacturing environment and/or ability to demonstrate previous experience and skills that will allow the candidate to meet the essential functions and basic duties of the role
- Basic computer skills
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; accepts feedback from others; asks for and offers help when needed
Conflict Resolution – Maintains emotional control.
Change Management - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events as business needs require
Dependability - Follows instructions, policies and procedures, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to overtime when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards and always following work instructions and applicable policies/procedures
SCOPE AND INFLUENCE
Little or no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
Consequence of Errors
Errors can be easily and quickly detected with the immediate work unit and would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit or 'line'. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH AND SAFETY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and twist; utilize fine dexterity in hands to assemble small parts; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Candidate must have adequate vision/eyesight to see and work with small components and assemblies. Work Environment
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. It can include but not limited to, eye protection, gloves, and protective smocks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an open environment that interacts with a large variety of employees and functions. Employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. Must be able to be in contact with sealants and solvents. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Business Unit titles falling under Assembler I include: Mechanical Assembler I
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. Individuals assigned to perform tasks defined in this job description that are controlled by the ISO program have the authority, consent and responsibility to carry out those tasks as defined in the program.
Second and Weekend shift will include shift differential
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.